Faces etc On Berklix Sites
Deliberately Not Updated!
- Faces on Berklix sites are not
normally updated, but sometimes labeled with year taken,
sufficient to physically search a room for an organiser of a social event
- First they were not updated because too busy.
- Now not updated, since China floods the world with cheap
webcams, (many of which route back via China on the net,
& many of which have little or no security), & smart
- Chinese government abuse facial recognition not only on
it own citizens, but presumably also noting anyone else of
foreign eg government interest, or scientists/ technologist
they might wish to steal trade secrets from, or foreign
politicians or journalists they think embarrassable or
- As well as abusive governments, local or foreign,
there'll be abusive criminals with 3d printers & latex
face masks for bank robbers, perverts, blackmailers.
- Do you want aggressors to have your correct data ?
Corrupt it !
Notes to later merge in elsewhere eg Index of Texts
- Way back when the web started, there were just computer
net techs & scientists
- no predatory criminals,
- no predatory lawyers, eg trawling web pages etc to sue
authors (eg German law uniquely allows 3rd party
unsolicited sue-ings & is also irresponsible in not
restricting trade marks to areas of activity, (ie PC parts
retailers in Schiller Str Munich, sued cos a CPU
international trademark supposedly competed with a German
washing powder trademark ! for more, search CT Mags re Guenter von Gravenreuth
& co. extending to predation of public domain software
- No predatory companies threatening or asserting software patents , (eg BT apparently
considered they owned a patent on the click function of
hypertext - Shudder! (I think they backed off on that claim,
decades before, the Free Unix, BSD etc world lived in fear of
software patent issue of the S bit, but AT&T/ Bell labs
released it to us. Way back SCO
announced they would drop out of Unix development &
concentrate on licensing software patents, creating more
- No spam, as no clueless public running Microsoft etc, providing
bases for viruses, that harvested everyone else's contact
info. (inc the contact info of even the non clueless who had
never run Microsoft but still got
spammed, cos they had mailed mail lists (eg inc. at Berklix)
that relayed also to the clueless.
- If my resume/cv might have had eg
date of birth or similar, it hasn't for decades, as data is
also harvest-able from PDF Postscript & Tiff etc, (if
necessary using OCR) not just from plain text &
- If you discover inadvertently published private info,
it's better not to delete those web files containing your
private data, but to deliberately corrupt your exported data
& let harvester robots replace their old correct info
with your corrupted/ expunged new data.
- Never give a correct date of birth to humans or web forms
etc where a false will do just as well! .
- Be aware various projects periodically archive data
forever, eg Way Back
Machine of archive.org as well as search engine
- Do periodic web searches of your data on line. I
discovered a number of obsolete copies of my web data, no
idea why they had it, & could only get rid of some not
- Big government organisations eg
UK Companies House have been bad, publicising year of
birth of ex company directors & secretaries names &
home addresses, when it was obvious some individuals were
very old & might be vulnerable. There's lots of clones of
UK Companies House data on entrapment sites, some way out of
date, so even when/ if UK Companies House fix their master,
the copied old versions will remain a hazard.
- Lie on principle to demanding people & organisations
wherever & whenever you can. Your false age & contact
info. become merely your extra passwords for whichever
aggressor extorted it from you.
- Just the hassle remains, of you keeping a big list of
your deliberately false data